When we first went vegan 2 years ago, the most difficult thing to give up was cheese. If you are like me and really miss your white sauce pasta on a very limited allergen-free diet, here’s your answer…Alfredo sauce that is free of all Top 11 Allergens!! Ain’t that fabulous? We love this one here, so I’m ready to share it with you…
FETTUCCINE ALFREDO (Feingold Stage 1, Vegan, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free)
- 1 lb gluten-free fettuccine pasta
- 3 Tbsp soy-free dairy-free butter spread (Earth Balance is a good one)
- 3 Tbsp brown rice flour
- 4 Tbsp vegetable stock
- 2 cups Unsweetened Rice milk
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional, gives it a little kick)
- Fresh chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is boiling, heat butter spread in a medium sauce pan. Add flour and stock and stir for 2 minutes.
- Slowly stir in milk and add remaining ingredients (not parsley). Stir until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Sprinkle parsley on individual servings and voila!