This is my easy go-to recipe for those mornings when the kids want pancakes and I don’t have much time to make a complicated batter.
Makes: 10 pancakes (serves 1 adult and 2 kids)
- 140 grams AP Gluten-Free flour mix (approx. 1cup)
- ½ tsp xantham gum (omit if your mix already contains)
- 1 Tbsp coconut/raw sugar
- 1¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (i used the almond-coconut blend by Almond Fresh, but anything will do, I think)
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and sea salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the applesauce with the vanilla and whisk until well combined. Add the milk and keep whisking.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Heat a lightly greased large frying pan or griddle over medium heat, and drop pancake batter 3 Tbsp at a time. Cook first side 2-3 mins until bubbles start to form on top. Flip over and cook another 2 mins.